Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Nanny Diaries

If you're looking for a cute, funny movie, I suggest "The Nanny Diaries" with Scarlett Johannsen. It's about a girl who just graduated from college with a degree in finance and had big plans of working in a high-paying job and wearing power suits everyday. After a change of heart she finds herself working as a nanny and living in the Upper East Side of Manhattan. As cute as the movie was (mainly because of Harvard Hottie), the light-heartedness of it was missed by me...I guess because it's a scenerio I see everyday all over Manhattan.

It's sad when I see an adorable toddler walking with a lady who is obviously not his mom, or a big circle of strollers and blankets in the grass with babies crawling around...and the women who are watching them and laughing and talking with each other are the nannies, not the moms. Now, I know a lot of these mothers may not have a choice in working or staying home with their kids, but the women who are just too social or glamorous?

Today at lunch Lauren and I saw a group of strollers, blankets and babies, and we both squealed, "I think it's the real mommies!" How sad that it's the first time in three and a half months we've seen actual moms spending actual time with their actual babies!

No comments: