Sunday, December 2, 2007

The First Snow!

Sunday morning I did a double take as I woke up and looked out the window. The sky was so gray...wait! It's snowing!! I hopped out of bed about the same time my friend Jen called to say, "It's SNOWING!"

Our walk to Rockefeller Center took an unusually long time as we stopped to take pictures of the Christmas decorations along the way - all of which were looking especially beautiful in the snow. After touring the Christmas wonderland of Rockefeller, Radio City and 5th Avenue shops, we decided to stop for lunch and "warm up". Somehow as our stomachs filled up, our warmth level dropped even more. As we oohed and aahhed around Central Park, our toes and fingers froze over like the world around us.

It was a fun first snow day...the snow so shiny, white and new. I have no idea what the next few months will bring weather-wise, but I hope each new snowfall remains a shiny new experience - no brown slushy thoughts here!


My snow buddy, Jen!


Lots of pretty Christmas trees in front of the Plaza Hotel.


Autum leaves + white snow + red holly berries = perfection!


I can't claim it - Jen snapped this picture!


The weeping willows at Wollman Rink are so beautiful they make my heart hurt!







Enjoy these beautiful pictures of Central Park from the warmth of your home. For me, the memories of freezing cold toes linger!


The view from my apartment later Sunday evening.
Kristen and her mom came by the apartment for a visit during their weekend in New York.

No comments: