Saturday, February 21, 2009

Part of the show

Sometimes I find myself at an event or in a situation that suddenly - almost amusingly - makes me remember, "Oh yeah, I'm in New York City!"  Tonight, for example, I found myself in a very large loft studio in Soho, dressed head to toe in black, hobnobbing with drink in hand amongst a crowd of predominately Italian-speaking, short, dark-haired people.  Workers scurried around the gathering crowd to make final lighting and sound adjustments for the fashion show soon to take place, and I found I was being scurried around as the organizing photographer took it upon himself to introduce me from group to group.  As he ushered me to a seat on the empty front row saved for VIPs, I glanced back at the people sitting packed on the rows behind me.  I felt their eyes on me and knew they were thinking (just as much as I was, actually), "Just who does she think she is?"  The tallest person there by a few inches, with the lightest color skin and reddest color hair, I guess maybe I did look like I was somebody.  But I stifled a giggle to think if they only knew...little ol' Rebecca Mummert from Alabama is quite amazed to be here, sitting front row and feeling part of the 'New York City' show.  

1 comment:

Julie said...

What show was this? I bet you did really stand out.