Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Big Red Galoshes

I've never had rain boots before, so I didn't know the fun I was missing out on! It's been raining since early morning and is forecasted to continue all day. As Matt Lauer said on the Today Show, "it's raining up, down and sideways in New York today." What more perfectly chilly, dreary, rainy day could I ask for to debut my new shiny red boots?!

I was a little apprehensive about wearing them - should I have gotten shorter or taller? shiny or matte? bright color or classic dark? solid or pattern? The decisions had been eating me up! But after several rainy day observations of girls on the street and detailed consultations with experienced New York friends, I decided to just go for it!

Right out of the apartment door, I saw a little boy in his big galoshes, and he looked so cute stomping down the sidewalk in them! I let my red rain boots take over...puddles were a delight; I could just keep scooting on down the street without tiptoeing to avoid a splash or leaping over a gutter river. People in regular shoes looked at me enviously, while others in rain boots shared knowing smiles with me.

Rain boots -- the shiny red lining to a rainy day!

5 comments:

Elizabeth S. said...

Very fun! I enjoy the mental picture of you frolicking down the sidewalk. You should have posted a picture of them!

Mister Joshua said...

Unable to relate to this thrill, I have to experience it by living through you!

Also, I got what you mailed to me, you sweet wonderful person.

Much apprec, and much luv.

Elizabeth S. said...

Thanks for adding the picture!

April said...

Can I just say I love this one?! Please send the rain to bama! It is super dry and seriously hot! Everything is dying! Glad you are enjoying yourself in NYC! Rebecca and Shana are heading up in early Sept. You guys must see each other!

Unknown said...

Welcome to the Galoshes Club - I've got a pair with black and white polka dots, and wear them with pride! I will think of you next time I put them on!