Saturday, February 9, 2008

Front Row Faces

One of my favorite parts of Fashion Week is reading the "Roll Call" for each show in The Daily. The publication is handed out daily in the Tents (hence the name) and several pages in each issue are dedicated to reviewing the shows from the day before. Each review has a few looks from the show pictured alongside "Roll Call" and "The Scoop". I skim The Scoop - a review of the designer's new styles and trends in the collection - but I read Roll Call in detail, sometimes two or three times, to review the list of the noteable celebrities who were in attendance at each show.

I have my priorities in line, people!

And now, for my very own celebrity "Roll Call" from Fashion Week:


Miss Sixty front row: Anne Hathaway and her fiance Raffaello Follieri to the left, Chloe Sevigny, Ashley Olsen, Milla Jovovich, and Paula Patton.


Nigel Barker from America's Next Top Model is second from right at Venexiana.


At Venexiana, not 100% sure, but it looks like Lauren Conrad from The Hills is the girl leaning to the side.


Eva Longoria Parker at Naeem Khan.


Outside the Tents after Naeem Khan...I don't know who they are, but they were being interviewed...


The beautiful and nice Aisha Tyler from Friends, Ghost Whisperer and Talk Soup at Tadashi Shoji.


Reporters broadcast from inside and outside the Tents all day, every day.

When the shows run short of celebrities to spice up the crowd, there are still plenty of wackos to fill in the gaps. My favorites I saw repeatedly during the week:


I don't know her official identity, but I think "Spiderwoman" will suffice. Here she is posing with tourists outside the Tents Friday night after Venexiana....


...and inside at Tadashi Shoji on the last day of Fashion Week. At least she has a copy of The Daily in hand!

Almost stranger to see around The Tents than Spiderwoman, I spotted this unidentified lady at random times throughout the week, always with a new assortment of hair clips.



Let's call her "Granny"...or the ghost of a gal who was fashionable many moons ago.

No comments: