Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Happy Birthday Daddy!

It's not fun to be away from home and miss birthdays and other special times when everyone is together, but it is fun to send a little package from New York in my place!

A week before Daddy's birthday, he sent me an email that he was watching the Food Network and, according to them, the best chocolate chip cookies in New York City are from Levain's Bakery. "Cool," I thought, "I'll have to get over there soon to try one." Then I sat and drummed my fingers on my desk trying to think of something to get Daddy for his birthday. Buying for Daddy is harder in New York since there is a lack of my normal something-related-to-Alabama-football gift. Hmmm...what to get, what to get?

Suddenly, the two things on my brain - chocolate and Daddy - clicked. Of course! Cookies from the bakery!

The "golden" cookies weren't delievered on time, so after a last-minute goose chase to track the UPS package, Mama saved the day by meeting the truck driver at a parking lot in Homewood and beating Daddy to the restaurant to pull off the surprise! When it was time for dessert, the waitress came to the table with the box and asked, "Are you Gary Mummert? This package is for you from New York City."


Chris, Elizabeth, Julie and Gabe - the gang's all there!


Opening his special delivery from New York City...that's me on the phone!


New York City's best chocolate chip cookies from Levain's Bakery!


Daddy doesn't need any help from the cookies...he's already sweet! :) Hahaha!





Since no one else was allowed more than a tiny taste, we'll just have to take Daddy's word that, indeed, they are the best chocolate chip cookies in NYC!

Happy Birthday, Dol!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

whatever, i had almost a whole cookie