Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Miss Fix It




I had eagerly awaited the first packages to my new apartment from Mama and Daddy. In preparing to send the bedspread and pillows I had requested from home, my dad began to round up the tool box and tools he had bought for me during and after college. When he discovered the tools had been "misplaced" over the years - I guess I didn't keep good track of the tools knowing Daddy, aka Mr. Fix It, was always just a short drive away for any needed handywork - he didn't get mad, he got even.


Since my small apartment cannot handle the size of the first tool box anyway (which is pretty much the only surviving piece of my first tool set), he bought a small tool box and filled it up with tools. I talked to Mama before the boxes arrived, and she said I would be able to get a second job as a tool girl with all the stuff Daddy was sending! I envisioned a monstrous amount of pliers, screwdrivers and clamps I wouldn't know how to use or have room to store. But what arrived was a cute little tool box filled with the necessities for around the house fix ups.


Thanks to Daddy for always providing me with the "tools" I need for success.

No comments: