Saturday, September 1, 2007

Perfect Day...Gameday!

This morning I woke up to Fall! It was one of those days you want to soak up, breathe in, capture in a bottle. The air was crisp, the sun was vibrant, the breeze refreshing...although I was walking down the concrete streets of New York, I felt like I was high on a mountain with my arms flung wide and head thrown back singing, "the hiiiillllls are aliiiive, with the sound of muuu-sic! (aaaa-aaa-ua-aa!)" It was one of those days when there's a feeling in the air that immediately takes me back to the handful of other absolutely perfect days I've enjoyed.



Can't you just feel the day in the deep blue sky?!

Adding to the beauty was the knowledge that today was GAMEDAY! Thoughts of my parents heading down to Tuscaloosa and setting up their tailgate, the campus coming to life with all the fans, the band out early to practice on Butler Field. The first words out of my roommate's mouth were, "It's gameday!" And it wasn't just Alabama fans feeling it - as I walked down the street I heard cheers and band music and saw a big Michigan flag hanging above the entrance to a bar. (The Michigan fans were happy when I saw them, I'm glad I didn't walk by a few hours later!)

It was a really fun first game for me at the Mercury Bar. The excitement of the few hundred New York fans made up for missing the frenzy of the tens of thousands of fans in the stadium, plus I got several text and picture messages from friends at the game. The messages from those at home made me a little misty-eyed, but they mainly made me smile and laugh and be so thankful my heart can be in two places at once.


http://www.al.com/sports/press-register/pfinebaum.ssf?/base/sports/1188638498117310.xml&coll=3&thispage=1





No comments: