Friday, June 27, 2008

Finger-lickin' Good!

I can’t remember the last time I ate something so good that I licked every finger on my hand – twice.  When I caught a lady who was sitting a few spaces down from me on the bench, I realized I’d been practically snorting the onion rings down my throat as I held the little cardboard boat up to my mouth and shoveled them in.  Well, I guess I wasn’t exactly shoveling because I did take the time to feebly dunk the crumbly, juicy, thick, perfectly-breaded rings in a tiny ketchup-to-go container before slurping the dangly, grease-dripping end into my mouth.  “Mmm…perfection,” I savored with a smile.  I didn’t care what she, or anyone else, thought of my fat girl in a thin body act - I HAD gotten the mini-burger, mind you!  Besides, I knew the onion rings they were surely coveting, I would be cursing when I poked my hips in the morning. 

*My vote for best onion rings in the city goes to New York Burger Company – the place New Yorker’s voted best burger in the city in 2007.

No comments: