Tuesday, October 7, 2008

What would Carrie say?!


Oh, no she didn't!  

As I listened to Candace Bushnell read from and talk about her new book "One Fifth Avenue", my gaze shifted away from her and focused on the woman sitting in front of me.  The mousy gray, the barrette, the scrunchy, the braid all the way down the back...what in the world would Carrie Bradshaw say?

FYI for my Dad who is a devoted blog reader but doesn't always know what I'm talking about: Candace Bushnell also wrote "Sex and the City" and Carrie Bradshaw is the name of the Sarah Jessica Parker character.  One episode revolves around Carrie saying no respectable New York woman would be caught dead with a scrunchy in her hair.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so crazy! Is she from North Alabama?! Goodness-I think I had that scrunchy in 7th grade...actually I still might have this hidden somewhere in the bathroom! Love this! See you soon! Roll Tide! April Jeff (Lusk) :)

Suzanne said...

So jealous! I LOVE her books, even though they are a might trashy! I didn't know she had a new one coming out so soon. I'll have to go and grab it!
Suzanne

Stephanie said...

Hi - I stumbled upon your blog thru Elisa Hackney Harris' blog and I love it! You definitely keep me entertained and I'm adding you to the list of blogs I love!

Stephanie Byerly
www.whyamialwayssotired.blogspot.com

elisa said...

I think the problem isn't just the scrunchy, which is bad enough, but the scrunchy AND the barette...whew! You don't have to be a stylish New Yorker to know that that's just not right! :)