Sunday, October 21, 2007

Brotherly Love

Spent a glorious fall day in the city of brotherly love with a "sister" I love!


This is the ugliest part of the day - I took the bus from New York to Philly (2 hour ride). We walked all around the historic section (purple and red parts of the map).


View of the buildings in Center City - pointy buildings on left are Liberty 1 and Liberty 2.


Most of the sidewalks were cobblestone, and all the streets were so, so pretty!


Two pretty churches. The weather was sunny and in the 70s with a little breeze - couldn't have asked for a more beautiful day!


An authentic Philly Cheese Steak! The line not only wrapped around the building, but it wrapped around twice inside too! And I ate. every. bite. :)


I love autumn!!


Perfection

Liberty Bell was not what I expected...seemed fake.

Jan and me at Carpenter's Hall.

Betsy Ross's house - closed at 5 PM so we didn't get to see inside!

City Hall - wow, a bit scary! And Liberty 1 - or the Empire State Building according to Mama circa 1970!!

1 comment:

Kristen Goethe said...

I am so sad I couldn't be there to see you two! I am glad you had a great time, though!!! You're pictures are great!