Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Part of It

As I walked home from work yesterday, I marveled at how today - October 2 - would be my four-month anniversary of living in New York. I was thinking about how some things in New York I think I've gotten used to - like walking or riding the subway everywhere, not seeing many trees or grass, being able to leave my apartment and walk a few minutes to shops or the grocery store, not seeing the same person twice, being around so many different types of people, being so close to so many landmarks...but as soon as I think of the things I"m "used" to, I marvel at them again and realize, no, I am not used to this! The buildings and streets and sidewalks and people and weather and sounds and clothes and tourists - it will always amaze me and make me laugh a bit when I stop and realize I am a part of it.

I looked up from my thinking and stopped in my tracks. The sign I read said it all:


Sign in a bus stop overhang on 3rd Avenue.

No comments: