Sunday, July 15, 2007

Midnight - Lights Out!

The lights go out on the Empire State Building every night at midnight. I keep telling myself I should do the same.

When it gets to be dark outside (around 9 pm) and I'm sitting on the apartment balcony, I can see camera flashes from folks taking pictures of the view from the Empire State Building observatory deck. Sometimes it's like papparazi flashbulbs - lots going off one after another all around the 86th floor. It's so funny to me that I know exactly the view they are trying to capture - from the ESB looking toward the apartment it is a gorgeous view of the Chrysler Building. It's my favorite view, and I used to take pictures of it when I would be up there on vacation. Little did I know one day I would be part of the scenery in that famous shot!!

3 comments:

Cantrell said...

Rebecca! I was searching for your new company (Dawn Reeves gave me the name after i emailed here when i realized your realtysouth email didn't work anymore) and i found your wonderful blog that has filled me in on where you disappearred these past 2 months! And i see you're rooming with Cameron who i happen to know very well- we danced together throughout high school and she's so great. I'm so happy for you and i'd love to send you an email or call you to catch up so please write me at lcantrell@dosterconstruction.com
Best wishes and i'll be praying for you as you embrace this new stage in your life!

Elizabeth S. said...

It's funny to think about the other side of the tourist pictures...and you being there! You've got your space in history...Luv.

Stik said...

What's funny is that they are using a flash at night hoping to catch the scenery. Amateurs. I have added a link to your blog on my blog. Now we are blog friends too. Hope you are having a good time up there.
-Stik
jdstik.wordpress.com