Tuesday, July 31, 2007

New York State of Mind

My Alabama license expires on 08/04/07. I tried to renew it before I moved, but it was 64 days away from expiration and it HAS to be 60...and I was flying to New York the next day. So, I figured I would just find a way to renew my Alabama license remotely - can't give it up!

Well, today I found myself in the New York State DMV to exchange my out of state license for a New York one. That's right - exchange, surrender, give up, no longer yours, watch as they put several staples through it and toss it in a pile never to be seen again. Might as well have put a dagger through my heart!

What to do now to prove I'm from Alabama?? Lay on a thick Southern accent? Name all the Birmingham American Idols? Sing the Alabama fight song? Don't make me whip out the batons!!

2 comments:

Elizabeth S. said...

Aren't the licenses up there portrait oriented and not landscape? And who wants to drive in the city?? I'm sure you'll be using it for identification purposes only...
Luv!

Unknown said...

At least now you can say you have a New York drivers license and no matter what, you'll always be a Southern girl at heart.
Love you - Crystal