Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Tricked by the Treaters

Halloween in New York is a bit confusing. I've become accustomed to puzzling outfits and odd looking characters on the street every day of the year, so you can imagine I did double takes while walking to work Halloween morning as I passed a 1970's-ish flight attendant and a bondafide cowboy. Were they in costume or wearing regular clothes??
But even more interesting than the outlandish costumes I saw during the day and on Halloween night were the decorations at several upper east side homes. The frightening displays gave me several small heart attacks when I was out walking by myself after dark a week or so before Halloween!!


Heart attack #1: viewed first from the back, I thought I was about to be pounced on!


Making good use of the wrought iron fences...
Awful creatures hanging from windows and seriously scary zombies!
For real?! Is Sponge Bob supposed to make it okay that the devil is preparing to spear my heart?!
"Welcome home, dearie."

No comments: