Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Home for the Holidays

I envisioned coming home for the holidays would look and feel much like the old Folger's commercial I've always loved. (Watch it here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DW1V1tFRcA0 - thanks for finding it, Tol!) Coming home actually was kind of like the commercial (except I didn't surprise the fam, I didn't make any coffee, and I didn't get greeted by everyone in their bathrobes), BUT Mama had the house beautifully decorated for Christmas - not a room or detail left untouched (even had a tree in my bedroom!) and Daddy had the yard looking great in lights. I just walked around for a while, oohing and aahing at everything.

This Christmas was a little out of the ordinary holiday schedule for my family as we celebrated on several different days with several different groups, but it was nice to be in so many different homes for the holiday.

Julie, Rebecca and Elizabeth at Elizabeth and Chris's house. Such pretty decorations!


Meeting my cousins' babies born this summer - Callie and Anslea - so sweet! At Mummert Family Christmas in Cullman.


Christmas with Chris and Elizabeth - I love the looks of joy!

Admit it - this was your favorite gift this year!! The Krystal Lovers!


Julie and me letting Chris and Libby be the stars.

Loving the book Elizabeth put together of pictures and well wishes from my going away party in May.


Christmas Eve in Tennessee...Santa visits the young and old - my sweet 103 year old Grandma Maudie.


Julie and me on Christmas morning - we missed you Elizabeth!


In position to open gifts...at least we weren't crowded this year! Just kidding, Tol!

Mama about to open the big gift from Santa! :)


Daddy and Jack wish everyone a very Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Elizabeth S. said...

The first pic's caption should be, "Merry Christmas from your shortest sister!" HOW did Julie become as tall as you??

Being on my very own Krystal's box was not just the best gift, it's a gift that keeps on giving!