Sunday, December 30, 2007

Sad Excitement

After nine wonderful days of being at home, I was a little sad to be leaving. I hate thinking that in a few hours I'll be flying away and won't see my family again for a few months. It makes me want to slow all the minutes down and really soak it all in - having my mom dote on me, listening to my dad give me instructions, sleeping in my very own big bedroom, hopping in my car to go meet friends...it's funny how easily I smooth back into life in Birmingham.
As my parents drove me to the airport, I tried not to think of all the things I would miss, but instead to think of all the things I was looking forward to...like Jackie and Ansley visiting, the Alabama football party later that night at Mercury Bar, and New Years Eve. As if on cue, as we neared the airport, I received a sweet text message from Cameron that said something to the effect of "I miss you! Hurry back! " I realized I missed her too! I missed New York and the streets and buildings and people and excitement and cold. I even missed the subway!


With my MBB Julie at the airport - I AM LUVNU!

What better time for a family photograph?!

As I settled into my seat on the plane, I looked out the window to spot my family sitting in the airport waiting to watch my plane take off, as they always do. Although I was so excited to be getting back to New York, I couldn't help but let a few tears fall. No matter what thrills and fun are waiting for me there, it swells my heart to know what great love I have waiting for me at home.

~~ Need a break for a few tears ~~

Thankfully, I had a welcome committee waiting for me at baggage claim in New York:


My best friends Ansley and Jackie...
with a little sign that got a lot of attention:

Silly girls! But what a fun welcome back to New York!

1 comment:

Elizabeth S. said...

A sweet post...I guess you never leave "home," you just go back and forth between your two!