Thursday, July 19, 2007

Rataphooey

I finally saw my first rat!! Make that rats!! It was just as exciting and scary as I had thought it would be. :) Walking in Union Square Park around 6:30 p.m. (neither the time nor the place I would have expected to see one!), I saw what I thought was a squirrel running in the grass...but no squirrel I've ever seen has a skinny tail like that!! And it had friends! Ansley was with me, so we just starting jumping and hitting each other - there was no time for words! We sat down on a bench to recover from our heart attacks, but within 15 seconds one of the biggest rats ran right toward our feet!!

Now that I've been christened by a New York rat sighting, I've developed a tendency to scramble when I see tiny rat dogs, birds hopping under park benches, or the occasional paper blowing in the wind!

No comments: