Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Hello Deli

What a fun time!! My newest friend in the city is none other than Rupert Gee - the deli owner David Letterman talks to a lot on his show. My friend Mark is good friends with Rupert and his family, so we all met up at his famous Hello Deli on Broadway and 53rd. It was fun to see Rupert in action and all the tourists who come to get their picture made with him. You should have heard all the excited people coming in and out of the store - many on their cell phones saying "We just saw him! He's so nice!" Rupert says he poses for countless pictures everyday and it usually takes a good hour to close the store - he's so nice and doesn't want to turn anyone away.


Rupert and I walked the several blocks from the Deli to the restaurant talking about Alabama - he has several University of Alabama t-shirts! - and me moving to the city, his deli and life in New York. We all had a great time at dinner, and I know just where to go when I'm hungry for a good deli sandwich!

No comments: