Monday, July 23, 2007

The Wheels on the Bus Go Round and Round...

I took the bus for the first time today, and it was so much fun! I hear these things I say, and I know I must be the biggest dork ever, but I really had a good time on the bus! It was so relaxing. And in comparison to the subway, it didn't stink, it wasn't hot, it wasn't crowded, and I didn't have to walk 10 minutes to get on it! In fact, there is a stop right at the back of the apartment building!

It was raining, so I got to stay under the scaffolding at the back of the apartment and didn't get wet. As we drove up 57th St, I had the best time looking out the window watching everyone on the street - umbrellas flying, people without rain gear darting here and there. I noticed the wipers on the bus and out of nowhere realized I was singing the "wheels on the bus go round and round" song! Had not thought of that song in forever!! I think my favorite line is "the driver on the bus says 'move on back'" - I love it because of the "move on back hand" motion in the song, and I've always had a mental image of what the driver would look like yelling that over his shoulder.

I kept waiting and hoping our driver would tell someone to move on back, but, unfortunately, he didn't say much of anything - unless you count the occasional grunt!

1 comment:

Amy Lemley Bailey said...

I LOVE the bus!!! I always preferred riding it to the subway - you can actually see what is going on, And my commute was down Fifth Avenue passed the MET, passed the beautiful houses, passed Central Park, and then I was let off at Rockefller Center - who could ask for a better ride to work than that? It was also so nice to be able to walk home too - on a nic enight when I was feeling energetic, talk about stimulating exercise! I would walk down Madison passed all the designer shops.