Sunday, November 11, 2007

Beautiful day for my birthday!

"Well, one day in the City of New York - oh! what a day, I cannot describe it! I seldom refer to it, it is almost too sacred an experience to name. I can only say God revealed himself to me, and I had such an experience of His love that I had to ask Him to stay his hand."
~ Dwight L. Moody, printed in the bulletin today at Redeemer Presbyterian

Sunday, November 11 was a beautiful day in New York City! Bright blue skies, vibrant autumn leaves, and chilly fall breezes. After several gray, rainy days (and more rainy days in the forecast), I felt like the perfect weather today was a birthday gift from God to me.


The beautiful sky and trees I enjoyed in Central Park on my birthday.

Pretty shadows around Central Park and a Veteran's Day Memorial.



Top: On our balcony Saturday...my last day of being 27! Bottom: In Central Park Sunday...do I look older?!

Jane and Cameron planned a birthday party for me at our apartment Saturday night. It was a festive and special New York birthday, and it was so sweet of them to do that for me!


Rebecca, Jane, Cameron (and Roxy!) - Team 400 girls!
Jane and Cameron gave me passes for tap classes at Steps on Broadway - I'm just a tad happy! What a perfect and thoughtful gift!
My yummy strawberry birthday cake made by chef Cameron - yeah right! She lovingly cut it at least! :)
Excited about also taking some ballroom classes together - you're looking at the next Julianne and Edyta!

The beautiful bouquet of flowers from Mama and Daddy.


I commented to a friend how different this year’s birthday is from last year’s birthday. Last year I was on a retreat in Shocco Springs, AL, a serene and relaxing location where I could hear crickets chirping outside my window – I didn’t even have cell phone service! This year I’m in a bustling city with the lights of skyscrapers outside the window and the sounds of sirens and honking horns on the street mix with the laughter and chatter at the party. Celebrating 27 in the country and 28 in THE city…I can only wonder where God will take me next year for my birthday!

No comments: