Saturday, November 3, 2007

Still love my Alabama Crimson Tide!

The anticipation surrounding this year's LSU vs. Alabama football game was felt as far north as New York, prompting many of the Mercury Bar regulars to pack their bags and head to T-town for the big weekend. The little 60-seat Delta commuter plane I flew from La Guardia Airport to Birmingham Friday afternoon had quite a few Alabama fans on board. We all greeted each other with "roll tide" and chatted about the number of fans we'd heard predicted to be on campus for the game. It made for such a festive trip home (and a good diversion from the screaming devil kid in the back of the plane!) to look around at the other Alabama faithful who shared the same excitement to watch our Alabama Crimson Tide play!

My roll tide enthusiasm took a hit when we landed in Birmingham. The airport was crawling with gawdy purple and gold fans arrogantly strutting around baggage claim. "Come on, Daddy. We better get out of here before I hit somebody!" Spoken like a true Southern girl, huh?!

Leaving Birmingham for Tuscaloosa Saturday morning at the insanely early hour of 6:30 wasn't so, so bad since we knew a fun day on campus awaited us. Daddy got his elaborate tailgate set up, we walked through the Quad, we ate breakfast at the Ferg and crawfish etouffee at the business school, saw friends, saw the Crimsonettes, even squeezed in a little nap! The day was going great so far!



I don't know what was more exciting - the flyover or seeing Saban and the team emerging from the locker room!


The Million Dollar Band, the football players, the cheering fans!! I love it!


Fortunately, Alabama fans had lots to cheer about! I even high-fived the air a few times! Ha ha!

HIGH FIVE!!!! I love this picture!


A sea of shakers in the student section - one of my favorite things to see.

Enjoying the game with sweet Jackie - when we tire of watching the game, we just pick our favorites in the stands! :)

A special visit from Miss Crystal at the tailgate!

Although we lost in the final seconds, I still love my Alabama Crimson Tide! It brings together all the people, places and things I love...from New York to Alabama!

No comments: