Sunday, November 18, 2007

Sick and the City

I haven't been sick in years. Years! Sure, I might have the occasional runny nose or cough, but I can't remember the last time I was go-to-the-doctor sick.

It began Tuesday morning, "Geez, my throat feels dry!" I commented to Shane as we rode the elevator up to our offices. By Wednesday evening my voice was deep and raspy, and by Thursday morning I woke up, walked five steps to the couch, and had to flop down for a rest because I couldn't see straight.

After finally contacting a doctor who would take a new patient same day, a pint of chicken noodle soup from Arthur upstairs, a cold and rainy subway ride cross town to the doctor, and a call to my personal pharmacist Ansley, I was diagnosed with a fever and virus and just needed to rest for four or five days to get better. But I've got places to go, people to see!!

So, I camped on the couch and watched all the shows we have on Tivo, several movies, read a Nicholas Sparks book I'd been meaning to read for the past year, and just generally did absolutely nothing for the next four days! It was a surprisingly fun time, but I hope I don't have to do it again anytime soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No - fun. I'm glad you're feeling better!