Monday, June 11, 2007

Big Apple Barbecue

What an appropriate welcome to the City for a Southern girl! The first full weekend I was here, Big Apple Barbecue was held in Madison Square Park. Barbecue pitmasters from restaurants across the country set up for two days of feeding hungry New Yorkers! The lines were unbelievably long, so I focused on the best of the best - Big Bob Gibson's from Decatur, AL. It didn't disappoint, and I was happy for a taste of home mixed in with that wonderful white sauce! Great music and lots to see. I got to enjoy the afternoon with several fellow Alabamians - a great group of friends who've been in the city for two or so years. We had a great time, and it was so nice to laugh and share similar experiences from the South!
Thanks! I'm glad to be here! :)

A shot of some of the crowd enjoying the festival.

No comments: