Thursday, June 7, 2007

Thoughts so far

1. Try to pick easy outfits that are still cute for doing something after work (can’t carry an extra outfit to change in the work bathroom like I used to in Birmingham!)
2. Shoes – I’ve always hated flats, but everyone wears them here, and they’re starting to grow on me!
3. Love how the sun glints off the buildings in the morning, especially the Chrysler Building.
4. Who would have ever thought I'd be waking up in the 5 a.m. hour “just because” and excited to get up? No way!
5. So many things to see and do – just on the walk to work I feel like I’ve passed the entire world!
6. Time goes really fast. It’s already late in the evening before you know it. A New York minute, I guess!
7. Roommates have been so nice. Jane turned down my bed again last night – and left a chocolate on my pillow! How cute is that?!
8. So thankful for so many calls and love from home. It means so much to know people are praying for me and interested in what’s going on.
9. Still can’t believe the view from my bed – it’s totally my New York dream!
10. So amazed that I’m here. God put me in new surroundings just when I needed it.
11. I’ve not looked at my map at all! And not done one touristy thing yet!
12. Every time I look up at a tall building – tilting my head to the point my chin is all the way in the air – I think of my Mom. She always used to talk about her first trip to New York, and how she - as country girl from Tennessee - was amazed by looking up at the skyscrapers that just kept "going and going"!

No comments: