Sunday, June 3, 2007

Notes from Home

I got settled in last night – got a tour of my “area” in the apartment, put most of my clothes in my closet, and joined Jane and some of her friends at a restaurant a few blocks away. While emptying my suitcases, I found LOTS of sweet notes from my family. We have always hidden notes in each others suitcases when one of us is going on a significant trip. I decided to just read a few last night and the rest over the next few days. Mummert Pet Society?! Classic! I’m sure Libby was behind that one!

Jane was sweet to invite me along on her errands today. We walked her dog Roxy, went to Bed, Bath and Beyond, shopped at Bloomingdales and H&M. I was feeling kind of robotic all day – am I really here?

We went to a Sopranos party at "Arthur’s" apartment on the 40th floor. The guest list was a funny ensemble of New York personalities – in addition to us four Alabama girls from 33P, there was Arthur, a 60’s ish born and bred New Yorker who finds time to be a lawyer between his 8 hour days as a sunbather. Cameron and I joked wondering if his teeth really are that white or is he just that tan?!” He is a very funny and very sweet man. Janet, a beautiful woman from Iran, has lived in New York for over 20 years and has such style and grace – a very interesting person! Susanna, a jewelry designer, was a classic foreign artist – very scattered in her talking and passionate about what she creates. She brought her expensive jewelry for us to see, and we all played dress up. She’s been published in lots of magazines – very cool to look at all the clippings, and it was a wonderful alternative to having to watch Sopranos for me! Arthur had some very good food for us - lots of Chinese and fabulous pizza from “Best Pizza on 1st”. Yum!

So much going on today that I didn't really have time to get nervous about first day of work tomorrow!

No comments: