Saturday, June 30, 2007

A little scratch for my phone...a little memory for me

Well, it had to have happened sometime. I totally busted on the sidewalk. Like, both hands on the ground, cell phone flying through the air, hurt pinky toe - classic you're-on-the-ground-before-you-know-what-happened fall. I was walking up the stairs of the subway at Union Square and heard my cell phone ringing. I fumbled it out of my bag, missed the call, saw I had a text message and started to read it...but instead of walking onto the sidewalk, I missed one little half-step down and literally my arms flew up in the air, my cell phone shot out of my hand, and I remember yelling "Oooh my!" as I was going down. While I was down I saw my cell phone skid to a stop on the sidewalk about 10 feet away. Of course there were a lot of people around, and of course my yell and hair flying and scrambling for my cell phone just created a scene. I did get two "Are you okay?'s" and lots of looks, but since I was just laughing and not calling for an ambulance or anything, I think that's pretty decent for New York.

Fun evening tonight with sweet Annie Rocchio, a friend from Hoover High School who is in town from LA. She is as fun and fashionable as ever. I love to hear and see her laugh. We went to her friend's apartment in the East Village which was so small but so cute. I would love to live there. She opened up a closet and there was more stuff crammed in there than you could ever imagine. Ate at a French restaurant Danal (it was so good, but all I could think about was some cheap McDonald's to really fill me up!) and had dessert at Max Brenner: Chocolate by the Bald Man. It was like Willy Wonka in there, and I had chocolate not just all over my face, but on my shoulder and arm too! Yum! Had so much fun, and so thankful for friends like Annie who I can pick up with right where we left off so many years ago!!

2 comments:

Elizabeth S. said...

I hope your pinky toe is doing better! It's hard work being graceful ALL the time... :)

Leanna said...

Hey Rebecca, I love reading your blogs! Keep your pinky toe iced, and have a great week! Love you,
Leanna