Saturday, June 16, 2007

"Entirely of Possibility"

I spent some time today in Central Park, and had to get really friendly with some benches under a tree since I got caught out there without an umbrella (you were right Julie, I should always keep an umbrella in my bag!) My time on the benches got me noticing the inscriptions on the plaques that are on just about every bench in all parts of the city. Most benches are dedicated to loved ones with sweet thoughts of 'all the benches we've shared together' or 'you made every park more beautiful'. Those always make me smile, so I like to sit on the bench for at least a few minutes to think of what the people must have been like and kind of share the experience that they so enjoyed. But my favorite inscription was different from all the rest - all it said was Entirely of Possibility. "Huh," I thought as I sat down on the bench to think about it for a bit.

I know what I think it means; I'll keep it to myself so your thoughts on it can be entirely to possibility...

No comments: