Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Work "Errands"

My afternoon work assignment just made me laugh at how ridiculously surreal it was! I was to drop off some information at Saks 5th Avenue on my way home. Now, as if just the thought of being able to make a stop at THE Saks 5th Avenue on my way home from work wasn't enough to make me wonder what kind of dream I'm living in, I couldn't help but be amazed by the sights I passed from my office to Saks...

First the Flatiron Building...then a short subway ride (if I'd walked, I would have gone by the Empire State Building). Got off the subway in Times Square, but I forgot to take a picture! :)


Next comes Radio City Music Hall, Rockefeller Center, and final destination of Saks Fifth Avenue!
I was laughing all the way to Saks, thinking how dropping something off for work in Birmingham usually meant a drive down 280, 459 or through Mountain Brook or Homewood. Having these New York landmarks as my daily scenery is something I dreamed about for so long. I love it!!!

No comments: