Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Razzle Dazzle

The title of my blog came from a name my little sister Elizabeth made up for me. We were driving from Birmingham to Tuscaloosa for an Alabama game about two years ago and trying to entertain ourselves on a backed-up I-59. Elizabeth loves playing games like "would you rather" (especially when it involves Saved by the Bell characters or any personality from the 80's). Anyway, a would-you-rather game turned in to us coming up with names for everyone in our family that 1) described them, and 2) started with the same letter as their first name. I complained that there just weren't any good "R" names that were descriptive and fun. Any time I'd had to come up with an "R" name to describe myself (you know those terrible ice breaker games...), I always just used "redhead" or, even lamer, "radical". So, Elizabeth - being the creative genius she's always been - said, "What about 'razzle dazzle'?" Of course I freaked out and thought it was the best name I'd ever heard! So, from then on, "RazzleDazzle" has stuck! Elizabeth got me a "Razzle Dazzle Martini" picture that has a redheaded girl sitting on a martini glass (she's holding a cane that looks very much like a baton!) which I love...several folks (you know who you are) call me the Razzler...and I always get a "Razzle Dazzle 'em" good luck wish for my tap show or a trip to New York. I would say it's the best word ever! ;)
Love, "Razzle Dazzle Rebecca"

1 comment:

Elizabeth S. said...

AAA! Thanks for the shout out! :) I can't remember the name we came up with for me...
Razzle Dazzle 'em!